Thursday, January 31, 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper

Hi everyone. Today I'd like to tell you about a fairly new product...Maybelline Color Whispers. This product is Maybelline's long awaited answer to the lip butter craze. The website describes them as "pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel. No heavy waxes, or oils. Soft, sexy gel-color" Wow, that sounds great, doesn't it?

After a trip to Target I was able to find them. My target had a limited supply, most were light very baby pinkish colors ( not something I'm interested in) but I did find one mauve/ berry color. I picked up my color whisper in shade 80, Made-It Mauve. The package is super cute, and reflects the color inside. The tube is skinner than products like the Revlon lip butters, which I actually like. I find that a skinner product gives me more control during application, and I can get in to the outer parts of my lips without it ending up all over my face.

Now,on to performance. The formula applies super smoothly. It felt silky on my lips, and I found myself rubbing them together, just because it felt nice. It was very light weight, not sticky at all, and left a sort of shiny finish. The pigmentation was as I expected. It was not the color payoff you get with a lipstick, but hey, it's not supposed to be a lipstick! I would say the color whisper has about the same pigmentation as the Revlon Lip Butters.

Another property I liked was that there was absolutely no shimmer or glitter in the product. I find that glitter or shimmer tends to stick to the lips, even after the pigment has faded. That isn't an issue with this product.

Overall, I LOVE the Maybelline Color Whispers. The formula is amazing and feels great on my lips. Keep in mind that if you are looking for all day staying power, or opaque color... This product isn't a stain or lipstick and will not give that to you. On the other hand, if you are looking for hints of color, moisture, and a lightweight formula go get this product right now!!

Have you tried any other shades?? Which is your favorite?
Xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment