Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sugar and Spice VoxBox


Hey everyone! So a few weeks ago I received the Sugar and Spice Vox Box from Influenster. If you aren't familiar with Influenster, it is a community to review products and share your opinions of them with others and most importantly, is a lot of fun!. Anyway, on to the products.

First, I received a box of Nectresse. Nectresse is a 100%  natural sweetner made from the extract of the Monk Fruit. It has zero calories, and is made by the same people as Splenda. Now, if you are curious like me you're probably wondering what a monk fruit is, right? Well here you go... The monk fruit 
Anyway, after seeing this odd fruit I was very interested to try out the product. Personally, I am not a regular user of artificial sweeteners but it was a great reason for me to cut up some strawberries. 
Overall, I would say this sweetner is pretty good. A little bit goes a long way, which is always nice, it dissolved well into coffee, and made my strawberries taste delicious! I also like that it comes in small single serve packages. That make it convenient to throw in your purse and instead of someone putting sugar in your coffee, you can add nectresse and save calories!


The next product I received in my vox box was the Dickinsons witch hazel oil controlling towelettes. Again, I had never heard of this brand before but I did some research and found out that it has been around for years and years! The towelettes come in individually wrapped packages, which makes them great for traveling, but I generally do my make-up at home so I think I would have preferred multiple toweleets in a pack to keep in my bathroom. The main draw for these towelettes is, as you guessed it, witch hazel. This is a natural ingredient from a plant native to new england and has many healing properties including calming skin, toning, unclogging pores, controls oils and removes dirt. 

I used the towelettes in the morning after I washed my face with my usual face wash. I liked how much product was saturated into the towelettes, they were super soft and easily large enough for my face. The only downfall was the smell. Witch Hazel has a very distinct smell, which I don't particularly enjoy. I did notice that some of the redness on my cheeks was fading with the use of this product, so I think I can handle the smell to reap the benefits of witch hazel.


Next up was the Colgate Optic White toothpaste, toothbrush, and mouthwash. I had used these products before and know they do provide a whitening effect. The toothpaste is good and minty, but I don't like how foamy and dry it makes my mouth feel. The mouthwash is different than I was expecting. It was not super minty, and didn't give the stinging effect that mouthwash with alcohol gives, but makes my mouth feel clean and refereshed. The tootbrush was nothing notable. I have been using a sonicare brush for years, so switching to a manual toothbrush was rather lackluster for me. 


Next were the Belvita breakfast biscuits. Mine were in cinnamon brown sugar flavor, and they were delicious. These were not your typical breakfast bar type thing, the are very thin and crunchy. I like that they are packed with 19 grams of whole grain ( you can actually see the grains in the biscuit!) and 3g of protein to keep you going through the morning! I was surprised that the two biscuits filled me up, and kept me happy all morning at work. I plan to purchase the apple cinnamon flavor, and see if they are all tasty. 


Finally, and probably my favorite product is the Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer. This product is super cool. It is a lotion in a spray bottle and it dries almost instantly! I hate when I get out of the shower, put on lotion then have to wait around before I can put my jeans on. This product eliminates all of the wait time.. you literally spray it on, rub it in and get dressed. Awesome right? It gets better, the stuff is super moisturzing, and leaves my legs silky soft plus it smells good. I got mine in the "Total Moisture" scent. I have been using this product every day and plan to repurchase once it is empty. The product is super convenient and extremely easy to use. I would highly recommend it to anyone!. 

To sum up my Sugar and Spice Vox box I would like to thank Influenster sending me these products for free, and giving me the chance to test them and share my opinions with you! If you have any questions about the products please let me know and I will share as much as I can. Thank you for taking the time to read. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment