Monday, July 8, 2013

VEET EasyWax Electrical Roll-On Kit

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been awhile, but I'm back to review another complimentary product I received from Influenster.  Since summer is here, and I have a boat.. Aka my legs are always exposed I was super excited to see I was going to test the VEET easy wax electrical roll on kit.

The actual device was cute. It reminded me of a deodorant stick, and it cam with a stand to rest in while the device was heating up. My kit also included waxing strips and after wax finishing wipes. I unpackaged everything and got to testing! After reading the instructions, I learned that the wax takes approximately 20-25 mins to heat up so I plugged it in and browsed youtube for awhile. 25 minutes later I checked it, but the wax was still not rolling smoothly, so I let it heat up longer. After about 35 minutes I decided it was good to go! As directed I rolled the wax against the direction that my hair grew. I applied the waxing strip and rubbed it onto my leg. I waited a few minutes ( really I was just mentally preparing for some pain) and pulled in a parallel direction. To my surprise it wasn't very painful, but it also was not very successful at removing much hair. I restock the wax strip, rubbed more then waited until I could tell that the wax was noticeably dry. Tick tick.. Tick tick...Go time. I pulled the srio again, and this time saw much more hair removal. It wasn't perfect, but better than my first attempt.

Personally, I have sensitive skin, so after the first strip I wanted to wait and give my skin a chance to respond to the wax.  Unfortunately, I broke out with a sort if bumpy red rash. I am familiar with the post waxing redness, but this was different. I decided that I should not test the product any further and risk this rash over my entire legs.

To sum my experience up, I was disappointed that I didn't not get to thoroughly test this product. I think with a few more try's I would have found success. I think if you have patience, and are willing to sets aside a chunk of time to wax this product may be right for you. It wasn't as painful as I was expecting, and the neat little wax roller kept the mess to a minimum. I wish my skin cooperated with me but I would love to hear about your experience with this product. Did it work for you??

I hope you are having a great summer!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment